Parent/Tot: (Ages 3 – 5; Helmet Required) this is a fun class for one parent/adult and one child to learn to skate together. Parent/adult does not need to be proficient in skating. This is a first time class for very beginning skaters who need the security of having their parent on the ice with them. Young skaters build confidence through games while becoming familiar with basic skating skills. These classes are designed to help children 3 to 5 years develop fundamental movement skills and physical literacy.
Parent/Tot follows the Snowplow Sam levels which are introductory classes divided into four progressive levels allowing our littlest skaters to build confidence while learning the basic skills of skating. These classes are designed to help young skaters to develop the A, B, C’s of skating; Agility, Balance, Coordination, and Speed. All classes will be taught in a safe and positive environment, incorporating fun and games making class time an enjoyable experience for all.
• Children must be between the ages of 3-5 years
• Cost includes one parent/adult and one child
• Parent/adult must also establish Learn to Skate USA membership ($17.25) to ensure secondary insurance coverage
• Child must be accompanied by an adult
• The parent/adult must be on the ice and in skates during the entire class
• Parent/adult does not need to be proficient in skating
For more information on the Learn to Skate USA Curriculum click below: